Thursday, January 13, 2011

PRAY

PRAYER

I am praying and praying ..
while I was a child, I prayed for toys.
while I was a boy, I prayed for petty things,
And while I was young, I prayed for luxuries,
Coming to middle age, I thought marriage will luxuriate me
Alas, least did I know that I have fallen on a TWO-EDGED KNIFE.
I prayed for the Lord to take me to shore, tired of swimming in the pond of miseries
I approached many a learned persons, no one could help me.
though they gave me their literary knowledge about you but could not appease me.
I prayed and yearned to know about you Lord.
Friends & relatives tried to desist me but I hung on.
Age started creeping on and wrinkles on my face appeared large,
still I prayed and prayed ..
Nor the money, nor my passions could help me to see you. So, I renounced them all.
I supplicated for a glimpse of yours before the exeunt from this body.
You appeared before me glittering as like thousands of suns have come down to earth.
From feet to face and face to crown , I could see you glittering,
Many angels would have liked to see you in this form.
Unable to behold you, I closed my eyes in exhilaration.
With your grace, you not only blessed me but asked me to keep on praying
and build a temple in my heart for you, which will help me to reach your Lotus Feet.
I am still praying and praying....

No comments:

Post a Comment