Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Life Cycle of Birth & Death

I lay on bed and thinking of my past.

While Birth & Death are God’s Gifts.
As a child I wanted to be strong as others.
As a student I wanted to study the subjects which would have given me better opportunities for my well settled life.
With a good job I was able to get married. After marriage I had children and am looking after their education (might be their marriage and their children).

“The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents and second half by our children” - Clarence Seward Darrow (The saying is true because you are a concerned parent and always worried about your children)
Struggled for one thing or other in life but never attempted to think of you. I had no time for you LORD, Immersed deeply in family affairs and could not think of you in the past.

Now my body has become weak and my memory is fading. I want to concentrate on you LORD. But I could not do so. I was selfish and never thought about you O’LORD in the past. Though I went to temples & prayed for my self & my family. Every prayer was for a desire. It was a selfish prayer. So each prayer has gone abegging.

I want to learn Vedas or mantras, which will appease you. But I could not memorise them now due to age factor. Why devotion is not given importance? Why the seeds of devotion/ vairagya are not sowed in me? For survival, money is important. Creating wealth was given importance from childhood. Nor could I create wealth or earn money or nor could I devote on you LORD. What I have achieved in my life? Nothing. I have wasted my whole life. You must have created me with some purpose. I have not done my DUTY. Forgive me O’ Lord.
I pray you to see that my next life does not go waste. Please look after me O’LORD HANUMAN. Still I am praying you to bless me and my family. How selfish I am?

"At the end of life, we shall not be asked how much pleasure we had in it, but how much service we gave through it" - Sri Swamiji

I am working and serving for my Sadguru.
Sadguru is working through me.
Sadguru alone is working.
Without Sadguru I am nothing.
My pranams to the Lotus feet of SADGURU.
Sarvejana Sukhinobhavantu
Everyone should be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment